Eye Surgery–Changing Plans Instead of Giving Up!

Well, a fun turn of events has caused me to cancel my Bolivia expedition with International Mountain Guides next month. The eye drops I was taking to prevent my cornea from rejecting, caused my left eye to get a PSC Cataract. Since my condition is far from normal, I will be back in Atlanta for surgery all of July.

Since my vacation for the year was focused on this trip, I am working with IMG to find some other climbs later that will help me meet the same goals. I will be looking for some rope skills training and high altitude exposure like I had in Nepal last year. I will be carrying some vacation over to next year, so the plan is to do a few trips here and there and then maybe do an expedition next year when I will be in between jobs.

I can’t release any info yet, but I’m thinking of my first 8000m peak next summer/fall or if delayed a different 7000m peak in Spring 2016.

Details will follow, but wanted to update you on the happenings.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *